Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Kilns are a pain

Had some plant pots in my friends kiln but it struggled to reach temperature so not sure how they will turn out. Find out tomorrow.
I have just finished a glaze firing, but the weather was so bad I am a little worried the kiln temperature was uneven, much hotter at the top. Never sure what to do, keep firing and let the top of the kiln get really hot or trust the bottom of the kiln to have reached enough temperature to mature the glaze.
I'ts never easy, waiting to open the kiln is a worrying 15 to 20 hours. I always take a sneeky look through the spyholes the next morning in hope that the colours have developed ok.

I made some chicken bricks and tagines recently so here are pictures.

More pics to follow from the firings, good or bad

No comments:

Post a Comment